Suggestions, Comments, and Complaints

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint.

If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

To pursue a complaint, please contact the practice. The practice will then deal with your concerns appropriately.

How to Raise a Complaint

Firstly, please discuss your complaint with a staff member.

If the issue has not been solved, please contact the practice manager who will try to solve the issue, and offer further advice on the complaints procedure.

If your problem cannot be solved and you want to make a formal complaint, please write a letter to us. This will enable the practice to act on the complaint.

Your complaint needs to be:

  • Within six months of the incident that caused the problem,
  • Or within six months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months.

The practice will acknowledge your complaint within three working days, and aim to have looked into your complaint within 25 working days of the date you raised it with us.

When the practice looks into your complaint it aims to:

  • Understand the full circumstances of the complaint.
  • Make arrangements for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this.
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what the practice can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

Complaining on Behalf of Someone Else

If you want to complain on behalf of someone else, the practice needs to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be required, unless there is a valid reason why they cannot.

Complaining further

If you feel that your complaint hasn’t been dealt with correctly, then you can contact any of the below organisations to take your complaint further.

Independent Complaints and Advocacy Service (ICAS)

ICAS is a national service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS Care or treatment. Your local ICAS service is located at:

PO Box 14043,
B6 9BL

Tel: 0300 456 2370

Minicom: 0300 456 2364



Contacting the CQC

If you have a genuine concern about a staff member or regulated activity carried on by this practice, then you can contact the Care Quality Commission.


As a last resort, if you are not happy with the response from this practice, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who investigates complaints about the NHS in England.

You can call the Ombudsman’s Complaints Helpline on:

Telephone: 0345 015 4033

Minicom: 0300 061 4298



PALS provide a confidential service designed to help patients get the most from the NHS. PALS can tell you more about the NHS complaints procedure and may be able to help you resolve your complaint informally. Your local PALS office can be contacted on:

Telephone: 0800 587 4132